ALFA is a simple yet comprehensive BIOFEEDBACK devices for testing, measuring and training the patient balance system.
Alfa is used to assess the posture control of the patient when standing and to perform feedback training. The machine performs the classical Romberg test (open eyes / closed eyes), analising the patient capability to
balance himself. Alfa is a versatile product and could be used in the orthopeadic, neurological and E.N.T. (Ear, Nose, Throat) departments.
A huge variety of exercises / tests can be recorded in the patient’s file in order to monitor his improvements. If the tests are carried out with the correct methodology, the diagnostic sensitivity of teh test is very close
to that of the most accurate and competent clinical examinations.
The monitor provides an on-line feedback of the posture of the patient’s body when standing still and allows the patient to control his posture. The feedback aids the patient-therapist communication, increases the patient’s motivation and stimulates self-analysis.
Hemiplegic patients treated with posturographic feedback techniques in the early stages of treatment, respond with improved leg load distribution and better alignment. The program monitors and records the patient’s progress during the course of the therapy. Due to their extreme flexibility and programmabiility, exercises
can be customised and saved by associating them with the patient after evaluation of his pathology.
The optional video camera can be used to record the movements of the patient during the tests / exercises allowing for a more accurate evaluation of the results. The optional handrails helps the patient to feel safer while performing the tests / exercises.
Software and stabilometric platform are included.
- measurement of COP (center of pressure)
- easy installation
- lightweight construction
- measurement of load distribution (between left and right)
- data export to excel
- connection of second display (optional)
- connection of camera (optional)
- multimedia reports
- user-friendly software
- sophisticated database
- video game
- biofeedback training mode
- BMI factor measurement
- anti-slip surface
- data comparison
- calculation of Romberg index
Minimum system requirements
- Windows XP/Vista/7 32 or 64 bit operating system
- PC computer with min. 2 GHz processor on board
- Min. 2 GB RAM
- Video card compatible with DirectX 10 and able to run in dual screen mode
- Connectors required: 1 x USB (2.0), 2 x USB (2.0) when using an additional camera.
- ALFA stabilometric platform
- USB camera (18.166.018)
- Trolley for monitor (18.166.017)
- Handrail system